Sometimes people doubt the influence of each individual. We all have the power to make a difference. You'd be surprised what one person can do when committing to a plant-based diet or a vegan lifestyle.
In one day being vegan can save
- - One animal
- - 600-1100 gallons of water on average.
- - A plantbased world could save the 96 million farm animals that die every day to produce meat (That's 70 billion annually).
- - It takes 2,5000 gallons of water to produce one pound of beef.
- - You can save 200 animals a year as a vegan.
- - Most of fish consumed spend their lives in captivity. That's nearly 50% Salmon and 65% fresh water fish.
- - 51% of global greenhouse gases emissions are caused from animal agriculture
- - When we contract one calorie of protein from animals, it requires 8.5 times as much fossil fuel energy.
- - A vegan will reduce their food related carbon footprint by 60%.
- - If everybody in the U.S went vegetarian then they would save over 100 billion gallons of water. Imagine the amount vegans could save!
- - Skipping one chicken meal a week means that the carbon dioxide savings would be the equivalent to taking half a million cars off the road.
- - Livestock occupies 1/3 of ice-free land on Earth.
- - 150 billion gallons of methane is produced by cows each day.
- - Animal agriculture is responsible for over 91% of the Amazon Rainforest destruction.
Obviously there are so many other facts that we may not have listed. We will keep adding to this page, but this gives you a taste of how vital your changes can be. Stay posted to our blog for additional facts.