Vinegar has been around for centuries with the first recording around 5000 BC. The Babylonians were using the fruit of the date palm to make wine and vinegar.
They used it as a food and as a preserving or pickling agent. To this date vinegar still has many health benefits. Apple cider vinegar can also be known as cider vinegar or ACV if you’re really cool. If it is not part of your daily diet then it should be. It has some great benefits.
Who can use Apple cider vinegar?
Technically anybody can use it. However, it will be more beneficial to certain people who are struggling with specific health problems (below). People who suffer with the following with be ideal to start using ACV.
- Skin problems such as, acne
- Lack of energy
- High cholesterol
- Sore throat
Why should I take Apple cider vinegar?
Although it does not contain many vitamins and minerals it does contain a tiny amount of potassium. A good quality ACV does contain some amino acids and antioxidants. Make sure when purchasing ACV you get the one that contains the “mother”. Some believe that the mother is responsible for most of the health benefits although there are no studies to confirm this as of yet. The mother of ACV is a friendly bacteria that gives the product a murky, cobweb like appearance. There are many reasons why apple cider vinegar should be a regular in your household. You can gain hugely with this ancient vinegar.
- It helps with digestion – Start your day with a sip of this vinegar to help aid digestion throughout the day
- Weight loss – Consuming ACV can help you feel more full, which can help you eat less
- Diabetes prevention – Several studies have shown a correlation between ACV and lower blood sugar levels. In one of the studies the participants had two tablespoons of ACV before they went to sleep and had a significant change in their blood sugar levels by the time they woke up.
- Use as deodorant – Almost every deodorant on the market today has harmful effects to the body and skin. ACV will help fight the odor causing bacteria without the harmful chemicals. Just apply a little ACV under your armpits. Don’t worry the vinegar smell will go away once it is dry.
- Can stop bad breath – No one likes having bad breath. Use ACV as a mouthwash and gargle to help eliminate bad breath. It kills the bacteria created in the mouth.
- Household cleaner – Throw away that chemical ridden polish and bleach. Use ACV for any household purpose.Whether that is polishing or mopping the floors it will do the job. To make your own cleaning solution, simply mix equal parts water and ACV, plus a little elbow grease, to get your home free of dirt, bacteria, and chemical cleaners.
- Washing fruit and vegetables – The best way to clean produce, is with diluted vinegar. Research suggests its antibacterial properties can significantly reduce the chemicals put on fresh produce.
How do I take it?
You can take it neat . However, most people complain about how strong the taste is and compare it to being as strong as whiskey or brandy. So the best way is to dilute it like you would a glass of orange squash. You can also add it in with a smoothie. That way you will not taste it. Make sure that you purchase the organic variety of ACV and the one containing the “mother”.
Where do I get it?
Most reputable health shops will have it as well as the internet. We recommend using Braggs ACV as it contains the mother and is organic. It does not cost much for the amount of benefits you can gain if taken regularly. We do not promote this brand because we are not associated with it. It is simply because we have tried several brands and found this is the one we get best results from. However, feel free to try different brands as everyone is different.