As the power of plants starts to circulate, many companies are now using that to their advantage.
There are many marketing ploys I am now seeing that state that their food is made by plants, even some butters!
There are many advantages to being a vegan with positive impacts on your health, animals and the earth. One thing we should all remember is labelling yourself as a vegan does not mean that you are automatically healthy. You should start implementing key foods into your diet for massive changes. Another thing worth mentioning is that many items and foods contain milk or eggs. So it is well worth checking your ingredients list and looking up these types of things before making the plunge. If you have or haven’t already made the plunge, read on for life-changing foods. Superfoods are another thing that have been considered as a marketing tool, but I like to class superfoods as important fruit, veg or even algae that has healing powers and multiple purposes. Here are five fantastic inclusions to your diet that will change your health for the better.
This immune boosting mushroom is a favourite of mine. This food grows in various countries including Korea, Russia, Europe and North America. It stands out from its family as it is rather different to the typical mushroom, it actually grows on the birch of a tree and is pretty hard. You could not chew it, you usually get it in powder form or you soak it and boil it before consuming as tea.
- Boosts immune system
- Normalises blood and cholesterol levels
- Antioxidant properties- over 1000 times of berries
- Balances the body, bringing over performing systems to the body down and helps under performing parts of your body
- Beneficial effects for nervous system and many more
This nutrient dense algae boasts wonderful properties and could be a great way for anyone to start their health journey.You can use Spirulina in a number of creative recipes or even smoothies.
- It is 65% protein.
- Detoxes heavy metals that we absorb through foods, deodorant, pollution ect
- Eliminates candida
- Helps prevent cancer
- Many other beneficial properties, be sure to search this food.
The cousin of Spirulina is also a powerful algae that you can take in powder or tablet form. Many people add this to their smoothie. This has some similar benefits but it does vary slightly to Spirulina, so it is well worth alternating these two revelations.
- 16g Protein per ounce.
- Many vitamins including Vitamin B1 and B6
- With high levels of chlorophyll it helps those receiving cancer treatment
- Also helps prevent cancer
- Helps weight loss
- Again, there are many other advantages!
As you may well know, our bodies celebrate berries. You can’t miss them out when looking for the pinnacle of health. With many antioxidants, you could really benefit from Goji Berries.
- Help keep your skin nice and healthy
- Treats diabetes and heart problems
- Better quality sleep
This Vitamin C powerhouse derives from the amazon and is often found in Peru. The low growing shrub contains a whole heap of fantastic benefits and is usually bought in powder and added to a smoothie. When added to a smoothie you won’t even notice the taste.
- Contains more vitamin C than any other food on earth
- ½ teaspoon contains 400% of your daily Vitamin C value
- Safe antidepressant
- High in antioxidants
- Strengthens immune system
- Look up the other benefits
These different foods what put on this earth for us to thrive on, unlike animals! These are the types of minerals we should be absorbing to aid our body’s recovery. As I have continuously mentioned, there are only half the benefits mentioned on this, choose some of these superfoods and take a more extensive look into each one. All of them can be included in your morning smoothie! Check out steps on becoming vegan and find out how easy it is to make changes to your diet.